Remember when is definitely the new phrase in town. Anything from yesteryear is in! Holidays particularly because of price and because the cost of living is going up and not down.
Margate in South Africa is no different and although South Coast Tourism seems to think it can compete with Clifton it just can’t on so many levels. However, if they just looked at what they have i.e. Blue Flag Beaches (the top 5 mind you) with great restaurants where seafood is not a treat but a must have (The Fish on the River is a great example) and much more.
Kids can still play on the beach and families can still afford a great holiday in great venues. Apartments such as P6@costa are owned and run by families and are still called Holiday Flats (old fashioned) but are affordable and not owned by chains whose attitude far outweighs the actual delivery.
Our family bought a run down unit in a resort with a fabulous pool and view of the beachfront – right on the beachfront, and renovated it to suit the incoming market. And to suit the growing trend of people who want to watch full DSTV not just 2 movies and MNET, who want their own wifi to manage, who want to charge their phones next to the bed and most of all, want to see the sea from every angle! They want a big area to braai and invite other friends also on holiday to braai with them while enjoying a great Seaview. Where the kids can swim and play safely in a complex that’s small enough to be safe and large enough to have more than one activity and be close enough to town not to drive! With modern furniture that is not someone else overflow with picnic blankets and umrellas so that the car has space for people and not crammed with items needed at the beach!
There is loads to do at reasonable prices in the area
- Oribi Gorge Zip Line – 14 zip lines and the longest in South Africa
- Wild Coast Wet and Wild beats Ushaka hands down
- Cocktails at the bars along the beach where you can enjoy the beach without having to check into an enormously expensive restaurant just to enjoy the view
- Ramsgate has the Deck with the Iconic Waffle House just below
- Fish on the River in Port Shepstone offer a great meal at under R50 and drinks are more reasonable than if you bought your own with a great view of the river where boat cruises are offered at R40 per person bring your own cooler box (and close enough to shore that if anything happens you can walk to shore!)
- Fishing from the pier and watching the daily fisherman whose dreams of owning their own boat are made from those buying fish along the walkway
- Hibiscus Mall is by far the best mall in Africa. Why? Because mom and pop stores still exist. Where you can still buy a homemade pie and gravy and a meal from the locally owned coffee shop. Where they might even remember you from the last holiday
- A bakery like Lucy’s bread bin serve a bunny chow to die for at R40 and you sit on the balcony watching the traffic with a bag of “takeaway buns” next to you
- Smokey Joe’s pub, a shady venue, that offers to look after dad’s while mom shops is on the main road and a great rugby venue. I always expect to see the Red shoe man David Kramer singing about the Royal Hotel bar. (still smells like old bars did)
- Go Karting for the kids and different beaches everywhere including the lagoon.
So why not book P6@Costa with these fabulous offers for April School Holidays:
- Sunday 2- Friday 7 Midweek 5 Nights – R1300 per night – Total R6500 Special R6000
- Sunday 9 – Friday 14 MidWeek 5 Nights – R1300 per night – Total R6500 Special R6000
- Tuesday 18- Friday 21 – Short Midweek 3 Nights – R1000 per night – R3000
- Friday 21 – Sunday 23 – Weekend – R1500 per night – R3000
- Tuesday 18 – Sunday 23 – 5 Nights – R1100 per night – R5500
- Friday 21 – Thursday 27 – 6 Nights – R1100 per night – R6600
- Sunday 23 – Thursday 27 – Short Midweek 4 Nights – R1100 per night – R4400
May – Packages – Book for Mothers Day!
- Monday 1 – Friday 5 – Short Midweek 4 Nights- R3000
- Sunday 7 – Friday 12 – Midweek 5 Nights – R1700
- Sunday 14 – Friday 19 – Midweek 5 Nights- R4000
- Sunday 21 – Friday 26 – Weekend R4000
- Sunday 28 to Friday 2 June – Midweek R4000
- Best value special is Full 7 night week for only R5500
Contact the author now on email@example.com. Visit the website for more details. www.margatetourism.co.za